The performances for the Sundays at 7 series take place on the stage of Elmwood Playhouse on one Sunday evening during the run of a mainstage production. Elmwood Playhouse provides the stage and 99-seat theatre to experienced musical performers/groups or cabaret acts for a one night performance, and they in turn can have a professional quality venue in which to be seen and promote their shows and talents.
For any Sundays at 7 performance, there will be a set already on the stage for the Elmwood Playhouse mainstage production that is currently playing, and lights hung and focused for that production. Performers for Sundays at 7 must use the onstage space and set without changing it or the lights already in place. Some onstage set pieces may be used or may be able to be moved. Approval of a Sundays at 7 performance is subject to the Director and Stage Manager of the mainstage show.
At this time, we do not have a sound system that has microphones for performers to use. Sundays at 7 performers must provide their own sound and musical equipment. Elmwood Playhouse is an intimate space with very good acoustics and amplification is rarely needed.
To be considered for a Sundays at 7 presentation, please follow these guidelines:
- Performers must come in with a fully rehearsed, self-contained show. Elmwood Playhouse can provide one technical / sound check rehearsal in addition to the actual Sundays at 7 performance. Elmwood Playhouse cannot guarantee space or time at the theatre for any additional rehearsals. Subject to the needs of the Sundays at 7 performance, an Elmwood tech person may be available to run very minimal light cues.
- Acts should be professional quality. Elmwood Playhouse charges the public $20 per ticket and $15 for Elmwood members. Sundays at 7 is not a “workshop” or a “try-out” presentation. Although not a requirement, we prefer that presentations / performers have had previous performances in other venues.
- All performances/acts should be a minimum of 1 hour, and be no longer than 1 1/2 hours long. Sundays at 7 performances are meant to be presented without an intermission.
- Musical acts must provide their own musicians, instruments and sound/amplification equipment. Please be aware of the limited stage space.
- Performers are asked to actively promote their Sundays at 7 performance and help get a paying audience into the theatre. Elmwood Playhouse will also promote the performance through their usual outlets, however, there is an expectation that the performers will provide a percentage of paying audience members attending their Sundays at 7 performance.
- Sundays at 7 performers will sign a contract with Elmwood Playhouse that will define payment arrangements and other terms for performance.
For questions or suggestions for bookings, contact our Sundays at 7 coordinator.