written by James Henry Lee
directed by Norman Rose
Friday May 20th 1960 — Saturday May 28th 1960
A young man comes to New York from a small town with dreams of becoming an actor but the breaks never happen. He loses his wife and scavenges for a living as a waiter while making his theatrical rounds. Drafted to the war on the eve of his big break, he does his service then returns to the daily grind of auditions and rejections. When he finally does make it, he is dogged by the question: was it worth it?
- : Dennis Baker
- : Erika Baker
- : James Dowling
- : Craig Drummond
- : Allyn Edwards
- : John Goodman
- : James Gordon Sr.
- : Henry Reissman
- : Frank Saraceno
- : Joyce Scharf
- : Marcel Van Dorpe, Jr.
- : Lincoln Waldron
- : Skip Wolfe
Production Staff / Crew
- Director: Norman Rose
- Assistant Director: Nancy Ringler
- Set Designer: James Gordon Sr.
- Costume Designer: Suzanne Nixon
- Costume Designer: Rose Wolfe
- Lighting Designer: Nancy Hunt
- Stage Manager: Hugh Crunden
- Property Designer: Shirley Albert
- Property Designer: Anne Goodman
- Property Designer: H. McConnell
- Sound Designer: Irving Rabinowitz
- Make-up Designer: Adaire Downing
- Make-up Designer: Natalie Schimek