What’s Cooking Now?
Sloppy Joes – My Way 8 Servings
Here is Beverly Huff’s version of Sloppy Joe’s. Whereas she uses the listed ingredients (not the variations as noted), she encourages all to take liberties to change wherever necessary to enjoy to your personal liking.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix (or any ground meat/meat like substance preferred)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 mini sweet peppers, diced (or any peppers preferred, approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
- Your choice of rolls
Add butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meat and cook until brown. Drain most of fat and discard.
Add onion, peppers, garlic and cook for a few minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve hot on rolls of your choice. Absolutely yummy!